I'm afraid that the only show I'm really looking forward to that much is Shinbou's next installment in the Monogatari series: Owarimonogatari. Looks like a good version of the type.
But we all have different taste, and there are always some surprises in each season. Here, at any rate, are a few shows that look like possibilities to me:
- Owarimonogatari -- Good-looking trailer. If you like Shinbou, you should like this.
- Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider -- A Noitamina mystery directed by the director of Elfen Lied, written by the writer of tsuritama, and with the talented Kido Ibuki in a serious role, for once.
- Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou -- A comedy from the director of FMA2, the writer of FMA1, and Bones. And starring such luminaries as Ishikawa Kaito, Uesaka Sumire, and Miki Shinichirou.
- Heavy Object -- The writer of Mai-HiME adapts a manga by the author of Index and Railgun. I get it. Itou Shizuka makes one of her three appearances this season.
- Hidan no Aria AA -- The first series didn't thrill me, but this time we have the writer of Air, Kanon and Clannad doing the adaptation. And the great cast includes Yuuki Aoi. Did I tell you how much I like her work?
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans -- A new Gundam in the aftermath of the Calamity War.
- Lance N` Masques -- Two rising young stars -- Ozawa Ari and Yamashita Daiki. The director of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. And the writer -- who also wrote the original novels -- did the solid GJ Club. An adventure comedy.
- One-Punch Man -- The director of Space Dandy and the writer of episodes of Tiger and Bunny. Add in names like Kaji Yuuki, Yuuki Aoi, Sakurai Takahiro, and Hayami Saori...and buckle your seatbelts.
- Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets-sareta Ken -- The manga, which involves a high-school boy being kidnapped and installed in a high-class girls' school as an example of the "common people" -- is so silly it's good. The writer of the intelligent Servant x Service may be able to do something with this.
- Osomatsu-san -- The overwhelming cast -- Sakurai Takahiro, Nakamura Yuuichi, Kamiya Hiroshi, Fukuyama Jun, Ono Daisuke, Endou Aya, Suzumura Kenichi -- gives the director of Gintama' something to work with in this "high-tension comedy."
- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry -- The worst student in a school for modern knights whose weapons emerge from their souls. Maybe this ecchi battle comedy will be the first Oonuma Shin show I've really liked since ef memories.
- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru -- Itou Shizuka stars in a mystery adapted by the writer of Penguin Drum. She is a woman in her twenties, but the girlfriend of a high-school boy with whome she forms a detective team.
- Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou -- A ridiculous spin-off from Attack on Titan involving a junior high school attended by both humans and titans. Production I.G?!
- Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst -- This is here solely because its new writer is the guy who wrote Kannazuki no Miko and Shattered Angels, two shows that others didn't much like but I did. There was just something about them. Maybe it came from the writer.
- Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai -- Features two interesting young seiyuus: Ueda Reina (Mikan in Actually, I am…) and Anzai Chika (Reina in Euphonium). As well as Ookubo Rumi, Shiraishi Ryouko, and Miki Shinichirou. And the writer, once again, was lead writer on Servant x Service.
- Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen -- A new version from a new studio, with an interesting new director (Motonaga Keitarou) and a new cast. And what a cast, including Fujiwara Keiji, Taneda Risa, Minase Inori, Sakurai Takahiro and Sakura Ayane.
- Young Black Jack -- Two old hands bring us the prequel to Tezuka Osamu's classic Black Jack.
Read on for full previews of 46 new shows, in the order they will be broadcast. Or click on a title in the following list to go to a particular show.