Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spring Anime Calendar

What a season. Fifty new shows, most of them appearing for the first time this coming week. A lot of shows are only going to get one episode to prove themselves.

To keep things straight, I made a graphic calendar for myself showing when each series I might be interested in started, and adding the names of some of the voice actors I want to hear. Then I realized it might be useful to other people, too. Times and dates are checked by official sites, Moon Phase and Shoubai Calendar.

Click here to go to the calendar
, which looks like this:



So far I've seen three of the new shows. I loved the first two episodes of Dai Mahou Touge, which is an OVA series of which the next episode should air in April. It seemed a worthy comic successor to Puni Puni Poemi and Dokuro-chan.

Since I'm not eight years old, Fushigiboshi no Futagohime Gyu! is not really my style, but I watched it just to hear the beautiful tiny voice of GotouYuuko (Kaede, Nanami) in her bread-and-butter role. Mmmmm. She's perfect as a three-foot-tall magical princess.

And Yoshinaga-san'chi no Gargoyle was interesting, but the only thing that really did it for me there was the always lively voice of Saitou Chiwa in the lead role, using a new voice with a strong accent and a pure childish aggression that was delightful.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of the new shows, but I don't yet see one that appears as "serious" as noein, Honey & Clover, Paradise Kiss, or some of the other shows that I like most. Except maybe Nana. But there are always pleasant surprises, and I certainly expect to enjoy some of the bishoujo items like Strawberry Panic, Inukami or Joushi Kousei. I'm also looking forward to the weirdness of Suzumiya Haruhi -- one of the three main seiyuu there being Gotou Yuuko, and another being Chihara Minori, Erika from Lemon Angel Project. I am eager to hear Hirano Aya in the title role, too.

And of course I'll be glued to the screen for the godly Orikasa Fumiko as the Good Witch of the West next Friday. The official site is now up and some of the backgrounds in the Flash intro look good. Others I'll pay special attention to: Witchblade (Noto Mamiko), Higurashi no Naku Koroni (Nakahara Mai, Yukino Satsuki, Yukarin, OriFumi), RAY, Yume Tsukai (Kawasumi Ayako and Hisakawa Aya!), and Saiunkoku (for the fantasy mediaeval China setting).

If you find the calendar format useful and want me to add anything, let me know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://qusomvev.com/thsw/wsam.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bfhxytlj.com/gwzk/howz.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://qusomvev.com/thsw/wsam.html | http://cyolmuky.com/arbk/jrcd.html