Friday, June 09, 2006

Simoun "Secret Cast"

On the Simoun official site, there is a page of Simoun "secrets". It shows pictures of the minor characters in all the episodes and says who played them. And rather than a squad of aspiring young seiyuu being called in to play them, they are all played by one or other of the voice actresses for the major characters.



I've made an English version of the "secret cast" page. It's interesting to see who plays those trainees, cooks, military officials, etc., who appear in the background and speak a few words. There are so many of them that the English version will have one page for every six episodes.

And although I intended only to sub episode 8, I have been unable to restrain my enthusiasm and have made subtitles for episodes 9 and 10 now, as well. All three files are available from the Studio Hashihime page. Suggestions welcome. No rights claimed.

The Simoun Characters' Names and Faces page has been updated to cover all major characters up to episode 10. Some characters with brief but important speaking roles are on the new "secret cast" pages.

Both Mangaminx and wrex are continuing to blog the show, which continues to be outstanding, in my opinion. The characters, their feelings, the way their relationships develop, the way the strange conditions of life on this unusual planet help us look at gender in a new way: these are all so well handled and so real.

5 comments:

Alexis said...

I have to express my gratitude for the effort of subbing such a great show as Simoun, since the language there is not easy to understand.

I think everyone who enjoys this show would be extremely happy if you decide to go backwards and soft-sub the previous eps too. If you are willing to take the time for that of course.

Anonymous said...

Megumi Toyoguchi for Alti is quite distinguishable so I just laugh.
But I think it was a good idea to introduce a brand-new conents about secret casting.

JJ said...

Megumi Toyoguchi for Alti is so distinguishable and I just laugh whenever I recognize her voice from anonymous character. But I think it's a good idea to introduce a brandnew content about secret casting.

Asakomi said...

really appreicate your hard work on the subtitle files. any chance you might be able to do the same for episodes 4,5 and 6,?

Jessica said...

thanks so much for making these subtitle files!

do you think you will be making more?