Monday, July 02, 2007

Suzumiya Haruhi Live Event DVD Clip Now Online

Thanks to 2channel, I have learned about the excellent five-minute promo clip for the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou DVD that is now online on the Web NewType site. If this doesn't sell DVDs, nothing will. Hirano Aya dances up a whirlwind and whips the crowd into a frenzy, Gotou Yuuko sings Mikuru beautifully off-key, Chihara Minori is clearly a real singer, Sugita Tomokazu is drily funny, etc.




And as a side note, here are some pics of Aaya from a Seiyuu Grand Prix magazine feature on her as a maiko (apprentice geisha). They took her to Kyoto to be properly outfitted and carted around on a rickshaw. The rickshaw-puller said she was the lightest person he had ever carried. People on the street thought she was a real maiko and said how beautiful she was. In fact, she makes the prettiest maiko that I've ever seen, even if she does lack some of their trained graces.

I'm not sure if this issue of the magazine is on sale yet or not. There are some more good pics, from a different Seigura session here, at least for now. I've added one of them below.





5 comments:

moyism said...

Whoa... thanks for the heads up on the video clip. If I wasn't already hyped about the Haruhi Live DVD release, I definitely am now!

Deathy said...

Five minutes of pure joy. I can't wait for the DVD release!

kasta said...

pity she can't sing.

Kippei said...

The video >_< it roxz big time

Anonymous said...

This video is made of all sorts of win. I NEED to import this, somehow...