Monday, October 15, 2007

"Indestructible Fragility" -- Hirano Aya's Lyrics for LOVE★GUN

Here are the lyrics written by Hirano Aya 平野綾 for LOVE★GUN, her current single. First is a translation, then a transliteration (the Japanese pronunciation), then the original Japanese.

The lyrics give further reason why she waited until she had turned 20 (the age of adulthood in Japan) before releasing this song. The meaning of the expression "love gun" is probably a combination of romantic metaphor and the obvious one: part of the male anatomy. It's tempting to think she is actually speaking as herself ("indestructible fragility," "the tears I always cry").

The lyrics are as difficult as many Japanese lyrics, so if anyone can correct anything, please let me know. Right at the beginning, she changes a couple of things in the recording, but I have given the lyrics as published in the CD booklet. Since about half the words are English (or actually Engrish), in the translation I have italicized lines that were originally Japanese.

The early word on 2channel is that LOVE★GUN was #6 for its first week on the charts, with sales of 12,536 CDs. If true, that would be a great result for Aya. Here is the video on YouTube.

1. TRANSLATION:

LOVE★GUN
Sung by Hirano Aya
Words by Hirano Aya
Music by Kurosu Katsuhiko
Arranged by nishi-ken & Kurosu Katsuhiko

1,2,3
Lady go! follow me
Let's skipping your work☆
Here we say…
YO!
It’s aggravating that I can’t say it well, but
Sorry. Don't leave Berry Guys♪
Hey! Hey! Hey!
With a push of increased acceleration,

Despite my simplicity and hesitation,
I still wanted to get it
(OH! BABY)
In the heat of my smoldering heart...
so, kill you♂ love you xxx
OK!?

Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
Is it okay to go ahead? If I lose
Now, relying on my simple honesty,
I’ll break out in the tears I always cry.
Soul is screaming TRUTH!
To an existence of inexpressibly deep pain,
I absolutely refuse to give in.
You give me LOVE★GUN

It's about time.
Can you guess what l wanna say? a-ha♪
Let's CHECK IT OUT
YO!
With a joking look on your face
You always said,
"Don't be alone… (=But!?)
Hi! Hi! Hi!
Look at my unwavering heart...

I stand waiting with unprecedented fortitude,
Kicking your afterimage around
(Catch me babe.)
My stormy heart is in a daze
so, Milky? Honey? SEXY!?
OH Yeah!

Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
I’ve never acted like this before.
I reject the past that presses me
And keep squirming, calling out…
Soul is screaming TRUTH.
In my indestructible fragility,
Not me alone, not everyone,
I'm a Target
Shoot me! LOVE★GUN

Despite my simplicity and hesitation,
I want to get it
(OH! BABY)
In the heat of my smoldering heart.
So, kill you♂ love you xxx
OK!?

Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
Is it okay to step forward? If I lose
Now, relying on my honesty,
I’ll break out in tears.
Soul is screaming TRUTH!
To an existence of inexpressibly deep pain
I absolutely refuse to give in.
You give me LOVE★GUN


2. TRANSLITERATION

1,2,3
Lady go! follow me
Let's skipping your work☆
Here we say…
YO!
Umaku ienai modokashisa to
Sorry. don't leave Berry Guys♪
Hey!Hey!Hey!
Kasokudo ga masu shoudou ni

Tanjun de yuujuu na mujun mo
Te ni ireta tsumori de mo
(OH! BABY)
Kusubutta heart no atsusa ni
so, kill you♂ love you xxx
OK!?
Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
Fumidashite ii no ka? Ima no mama
Sunao no tayotte nakushite shimau nara
Itsumo Naite buttobase
Soul is screaming TRUTH!
Kuyashii to ienai tsuyosa daite
Sonzai ni makenai zettai wo motta watashi ni
You give me LOVE★GUN

It's about time.
Can you guess what l wanna say? a-ha♪
Let's CHECK IT OUT
YO!
Joudan meiteta waragao to
You always said,
"Don't be alone… (=But!?)
Hi! Hi! Hi!
Yuruganai kokoro misete

Kuuzen ni kizen to tatazumu
Zanzou mo kechirashite
(Catch me babe.)
Muchuu de shinjuu ha areteru
so, Milky? Honey? SEXY!?
OH Yeah!

Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
Tatoe mo nai jibun no yarikata de
Semarikuru kako hanikaesu you ni
Sakebi tsuzuke mogakunda
Soul is screaming TRUTH.
Utarete mo kowarenai morosa de
Hitori de mo nai minna de mo nai
I'm a Target
Inuite yo LOVE★GUN

Tanjun de yuujuu na mujun mo
Te ni ireta tsumori de mo
(OH! BABY)
Kusubutta heart no atsusa ni
so, kill you♂ love you xxx
OK!?
Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
Fumidashite ii no ka? Ima no mama
Sunao ni tayotte nakushite shimau nara
Itsumo naite buttobase
Soul is screaming TRUTH!
Kuyashii to ienai tsuyosa daite
Sonzai ni makenai zettai wo motta watashi ni
You give me LOVE★GUN


3. ORIGINAL JAPANESE:

LOVE★GUN 平野綾
作詞 平野綾 
作曲 黒須克彦 
編曲 nishi-ken・黒須克彦

1,2,3
Lady go! follow me
Let's skipping your work☆
Here we say…
YO!
上手く言えないもどかしさと
Sorry. Don't leave Berry Guys♪
Hey! Hey! Hey!
加速度が増す衝動に

単純で優柔な矛盾も
手に入れたつもりでも
(OH! BABY)
燻ったheartの熱さに
so, kill you♂ love you xxx
OK!?

Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
踏み出していいのか? 今のまま
素直に頼って失くしてしまうなら
いつも泣いてぶっ飛ばせ
Soul is screaming TRUTH!
悔しいと言えない強さ抱いて
存在に負けない絶対を持った私に
You give me LOVE★GUN

It's about time.
Can you guess what l wanna say? a-ha♪
Let's CHECK IT OUT
YO!
冗談めいてた笑顔と
You always said,
"Don't be alone…(= But ! ?)
Hi! Hi! Hi!
揺るがない心見せて

空前に毅然と佇む
残像も蹴散らして
(Catch me babe.)
夢中で心中は荒れてる
so, Milky? Honey? SEXY!?
OH Yeah!

Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
例えもない自分のやり方で
迫りくる過去 跳ね返すように
叫び続けもがくんだ
Soul is screaming TRUTH.
撃たれても壊れない脆さで
独りでもない みんなでもない
I'm a Target
射抜いてよ LOVE★GUN

単純で優柔な矛盾も
手に入れたつもりでも
(OH! BABY)
燻ったheartの熱さに
so, kill you♂ love you xxx
OK!?

Shoot a crazy gun at my heart.
踏み出していいのか?今のまま
素直にに頼って失くしてしまうなら
いつも泣いてぶっ飛ばせ
Soul is screaming TRUTH!
悔しいと言えない強さ抱いて
存在に負けない絶対を持った私に
You give me LOVE★GUN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

source of #6
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I've been looking for these lyrics everywhere! thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you'd also do the lyrics for Neophilia and MonStAR. I'd greatly appreciate it!