Sunday, April 06, 2008

Hayami Saori: The Next Great Seiyuu/Singer

Okay, I know I'm going overboard here, but I just saw the first episode of Wagaya no Oinari-sama, and I have to enthuse over Hayami Saori 早見沙織, who plays the young priestess Kou.

Not only does she do an excellent job with her simple but important role, but she elevates herself to the top of my seiyuu/singer list with her singing of the ED.

Hayami-san is only 16 and has had only one previous major role, Momoka in Touka Gettan. This role demands a similar pure, young voice, and she has it in spades. Her voice is as clean and certain as a drop of water falling in a forest pool. I would choose her over any other seiyuu for a role like this.

But her seiyuu voice is less than the half of it. She is an outstanding singer, with a sureness and musicality that are overwhelming. Her ED for Touka Gettan is something I play over and over again. And her ED for this show is just as good.

The story is that when she recorded the Touka Gettan ED, she had it pretty well down in one take, and when she emerged from the recording booth, the staff all spontaneously applauded. Columbia already seems to have signed her to a recording contract.

Besides Momoka in Touka Gettan, her other roles have been as a student in ep1 of Clannad, as Sumire in Koharu Biyori, as a student in ep12 of Ghost Hound, and as "sweetheart" in ep5 of Shigofumi.

Hayami-san works for I"m Entertainment, an agency that was rocked by a sex scandal last year and lost several seiyuu. One post on 2channel describes Hayami Saori as "I"m Entertainment's secret weapon" for recovering from the scandal.

EDIT: Her 2channel thread is not growing that quickly, but it makes up in enthusiasm what it lacks in numbers. One person said he never expected to hear such good singing in an anime song. Another said that such a skilful, fresh seiyuu voice was good to hear, but that her singing made him a fan.

ANN page
agency profile
ja.Wikipedia

5 comments:

totali said...

Ahahaha, who else saw this coming?

*raises hand*

Only me?

Anyways, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has become a big Hayami Saori fan. I can only wonder how long it will take for more people to recognize her talent.

hashihime said...

@totali -- I thought it might take a while. I was looking for her thread on 2channel, and it had dropped into oblivion. But I just looked again, and someone has started a new thread in the last couple of hours.

divine said...

I also took notice of Kou's character in Wagaya no Oinari-sama. There's just something about how Hayami Saori's soft-spoken voice. It's quite pleasing to listen to.

divine|s said...

Err, hit the Enter key prematurely. :\

What I meant to say was,
"There's just something about Hayami Saori's soft-spoken voice that makes Kou interesting to watch. Her voice was also quite pleasing to listen to when I was checking/translating the dialogue."

mace_anonymous said...

..please tell who is this girl she a singer/seiyuu...PLEASE..tell who is she..PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP..


http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3838/review2.jpg

please tell who is she!!?

contact me: mace_anonymous@yahoo.com
or arrow_johnp@yahoo.com