Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hirano Aya -- Semi-Secret Single

I've posted about Hirano Aya's new single 涙 NAMIDA ナミダ, written by famed Hello!Project producer Tsunku.

But she quietly released another single in late September that I enjoy more -- Mind Loop, a character CD single for the PS2 game Memories Off6 ~T-wave~. You can hear it on YouTube.



It's a simple, flowing melody that Aya sings with musicality and sweet melancholy. The lyrics speak of walking lost in a dark green forest from morning to night, hoping to see the one she loves. (Click images to enlarge.)



The music is by Mizuno Daisuke 水野大輔, with lyrics by Suzumori Yuuko 涼森有羽子.

I guess I have strange taste, but two character songs you can hear on YouTube are two of my favorite Hirano songs: one from Sumomo mo Momo mo where she sings jazz -- a kind of bluesy scat song -- and this one.

This doesn't count as a Hirano Aya single, since it is nominally by her character from the game, Hakosaki Chisa. No doubt it was just tossed off in a day or so, not worked on for weeks. But it's better music, for me, than the more intense major release.

You can buy the disk from Amazon Japan or CD Japan, among other places. You can download a promo movie for the game itself from the official site. The game can be found at Play-Asia. Other well-known seiyuu involved are Tanaka Rie, Gotou Yuuko, and Miyazaki Ui.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I heard Namida Namida Namida (thanks for the link last time ^-^) but I must completely agree, this character song is much, much better. I think this song would have performed better than Namida Namida Namida given the chance.

Anonymous said...

I feel that the bgm behind was too loud and you couldn't hear her voice well enough.

hashihime said...

@anonymous -- I agree that the music drowned her out a bit. The higher-quality original version is a bit better, but the music is still too loud.

@emily -- It's just possible that we like different music from what the market likes, and this kind of song would not have appealed to enough people's taste.

Bita26 said...

This song is so sweet! it kinda feels like a lullaby. I don't think the background music is that loud, if anything I think it adds to the song. It gives the feeling that she's whispering the lyrics.

dingmajiao said...

i dunno.. but i kinda like namida namida namida more.. haha

and i'm looking forward to your updates on her concert..
hopefully theres a DVD release..

hashihime said...

@dingmajiao -- Check out recent pics on her blog (click each to enlarge). They show her rehearsing with her (as yet unnamed) band.

dingmajiao said...

@hashihime

i read earlier be4 u posted.. and some contents got me really looking forward to her concert though i cant make it myself..

hopefully they'll make a DVD release for one of the 3 venues..