Saturday, September 19, 2009

Takagaki Ayahi's New Gundam00 Songs Written by KOKIA

Takagaki Ayahi 高垣彩陽, who plays Feldt Grace in Gundam00, will sing two new character songs written by KOKIA. The CD will be released 21 October.

The songs are called "祈り†" (inori 'prayer') and "Justice".

Ayahi is just completing a great run as Ein in Requiem for the Phantom. This fall, she will star as Sumika in Sasameki Koto, and will play an important role in Sora no Otoshimono, both starting in October.

KOKIA is the well-known Japanese singer-songwriter who wrote and performed the outstanding OP1 and ED2 of Phantom. To me, her voice and material have aspects of celtic, country, and show-tunes: Loreena McKennit, Shania Twain, and Celine Dion.

Takagaki Ayahi's first big role was Noe in true tears. She has a trained singing voice, having graduated from a Tokyo music college last year in vocal music. I thought her character songs as Ein from Phantom were excellent, and she does a nice job as a back-up singer on the Koukaku no Regios ED. However, I did find some of her earlier stuff a bit stiff.
-- end of post --

7 comments:

schneider said...

At first look I thought the girl in the image was Nena Trinity. Maybe because Feldt looked so damn happy!

Emily said...

I LOVE Kokia. I hope these will be good

hashi said...

@Emily. I love her, too. That's why her writing these songs is a big deal for me. If Ayahi can sing her style, it'll be great.

The only thing that worries me is the thought that top singers don't often do anime, so maybe her popularity in Japan is waning.

skyphoenixofthewaterforest said...

Hmm...I remember j1m0ne saying Ayahi sucked at pop but apparently majored in voice (operatic singing). If that's the case, she might be able to pull off a KOKIA song. Hmm..

I thought the kanji said "inori" but maybe there's an alternate pronunciation...?

bmk said...

Interested to hear those KOKIA songs from Ayahi.

I'm a huge of Ayahi, as I absolutely loved Ayahi as Ein and Noe. And I'm really enjoying her music as a member of Sphere.

hashi said...

@skyphoenixofthewaterforest -- 噛みました (meaningful only if you're watching Bakemonogatari). Thanks.

furei kinoko said...

Ayahi-chan!!!!!!!!