Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring 2010 Anime Calendar

With the new season upon us, here is my calendar outlining the anime-viewing week, showing both new shows and shows continuing from previous seasons.

Cast and staff highlights are included, and there are links to more info in English and Japanese, as well as to AnimeSuki forums for most shows. Click here or on the image to go to the schedule.


A number of shows have already started, including two-minute daily comedy show Yutori-chan, and ecchi fighting fantasy Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor. And several OVAs were released over the weekend.

But the season gets going in earnest this Thursday, April 1, with shows like Heroman, B-gata H-kei, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama making their debuts.

The highly awaited Angel Beats! shows up on Friday, along with Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou.

On Saturday, we have Shinsengumi reverse harem adventure Hakuoki.

And this coming Sunday, the latest opus from Shinbou and Shaft appears, Arakawa Under the Bridge. So do soccer anime Giant Killing, the straight version of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and the regular first episode of Working!!

As the season progresses, Thursdays will be big, starting with Bones' version of a Stan Lee comic, Heroman, and racy comedy B-gata H-kei. There are two shows coming in the noitaminA timeslot, expanding it to a full hour: Mochizuki Tomomi's Sarai-ya Goyou, and Yuasa Masaaki's Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei. And capping it all off is highly promising shoujo comedy Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Not to mention a new season of baseball anime Ookiku Furikabutte, and big hit Durarara! continuing from last season.

Sunday nights look good to me, with absurd comedy Working!!, promising shounen-ai drama Uragiri ha Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru ("Uraboku"), and Shinbou's Arakawa Under the Bridge.

Tuesdays will have moe comedies K-On!! and Mayoi Neko Overrun, as well as gritty drama Rainbow.

The highly anticipated new show from writer Maeda Jun (AIR, Kanon, Clannad) and rising studio P.A. Works (true tears, Canaan), will air, as I said, on Fridays.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice chart, handy rundown of seiyuu.

Noticed you had Durarara!! as "Dhurarara!!" though. I was about to tell you you forgot to add it when I couldn't find it! Heh.

hashi said...

@Anonymous. Yeah. I'll change it. That's left over from before last season, when the spelling was still in flux. It should really be Dulalala, I understand, but we have a standard now and I'll go with it.

taildvailn said...

I've been following your blog for quite some time now. Just wanted to say thanks for always uploading these season previews, I find them very useful in picking which shows I want to watch each season :)

abandonedfactory said...

Wow, Thursday IS a big day. I hadn't realized so many of the shows I want to see are lumped together!

Kiseki said...

Thanks. ><

But I thought Shugo Chara Party ended and Jewel Pets Twinkle is being aired in its timeslot...?

hashi said...

@Kiseki -- You're right! I wonder how I left SG party in there. Thanks so much for the help.

Anonymous said...

except for mahou, there is another good calendar which is animecalendar.net ;p

hashi said...

@Anonymous -- Thanks for the tip. Nice to see the episode numbers. Seems like a lot of work, so I hope it stay accurate -- which it is as far as I checked. Good stuff.