Saturday, April 03, 2010

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou -- Characters and Seiyuus

I was surprised to find myself liking the first episode of Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou as much as I did.

Directed by the director of Shakugan no Shana, and based on a novel, it moved quickly through an interesting set-up with good characters and excellent voices. There was some actual humour, and some fairly starry magic. Even the fanservice was effective without being excessive. 

I enjoyed the voices so much that I thought I'd make a characters and seiyuu page. Click here or on the image to go to the full page, which shows pics of the main characters and their voice-actors, and gives info about the voice-actors.



Kondou Takashi (Sugisaki in Seitokai no Ichizon) makes a triumphant return as the fairly sensible protagonist, who is entering a school for magicians. He plans to become a mage of high morals, but finds himself predicted by an infallible oracle to become the King of Demons.

Hikasa Youko proves that her success as Mio in K-On was no fluke. Toyosaki Aki (Yui in K-On) has a lovely crazy girl to play. Yonaga Tsubasa plays a character like Sunohara in Clannad, but actually makes him likable. And we can look forward to Yuuki Aoi, Itou Shizuka, and Hirohashi Ryou, among other good voices.

The director (Watanabe Takashi) directed Shakugan no Shana (not a favorite show of mine) but has been around long enough to have done an episode of Utena, too. Writer Yoshioka Takao did Elfen Lied, Zero no Tsukaima...and Queen's Blade. I thought I'd better make this seiyuus page before I lost interest in the show, lol. This first episode was excellent, I thought.

3 comments:

Panther said...

Yay, thanks for the post. Since I watched the raw I was pretty unsure who was voicing who, even though I knew Sai's and Hattori's voices from their names, and Toyosaki's voice is also unmistakable.

Pretty enjoyable first episode indeed, definitely something that is redone rather well for a good humorous watch.

furei kinoko said...

some mistake... photo of hanazawa-san...

hashi said...

@furei_kinoko -- In the "alt" tag? Changed. Thanks. I save a previous page to make constructing a new one easier, so this can happen. I'm trying to be thorough, but clearly I sometimes slip.