Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sasaki Nozomi -- Tokyo Sunrise

Sasaki Nozomi (Nanami in Bokura ga Ita, Patty Martin in Lucky Star, Sapphi in Jewelpet) has a very active blog, posting about moments in her life, walks in the countryside, meetings with friends, nice meals, etc.

But she also can use words and pictures in a poetic way -- as befits a university graduate and former Shinto sacred dancer, who has written an episode of Ojarumaru, and wrote the words for the OP to Kanamemo. This was her post this morning:

Red Dawn




The sunrise colors this morning


Brilliant colors,
Like a painting


Amazed me.




I opened my eyes
To a dazzling red sky.




In the TV anime Shiki,
broadcast in the noitaminA series
this summer


starting from episode two,
which is on in Edo tonight (late-night on the 16th)


I appear as Ritsuko


(o・ω・o)


Like a cool breeze on a warm evening,
with beautiful images,
comical from time to time --
a world all its own.


Please enjoy it!
________________________

Here are some recent pictures of Nozomi, from her blog. Most are from a road show in support of the arcade-based card game Lord of Vermilion. Nozomi plays four roles in Lord of Vermilion 2: Thunder God, Nine-Tailed Fox, a fairy, and Shiva.




The last pic is from a day she spent being photographed and interviewed, sandwiched in between sessions of narration for a show. At one point she realized she had spent ten hours quietly in the same studio, not running around at all. "Surprised?" she asked her readers.

EDIT: I've just heard her in ep2 of Shiki and I was impressed. She has come a long way. I wouldn't have recognized her voice, if I hadn't known it was her. But she has not lost that something special -- a certain gentleness and sincerity, perhaps -- that made me love her voice in the first place.

1 comments:

Dakuro said...

Well she's very cute, she's not hot because she's to flat at least to me, but she's cute, she have a cute face.