Saturday, August 07, 2010

Yuuki Aoi At Live Event For New Shaft/Shinbou Anime

I guess Shinbou Akiyuki liked Yuuki Aoi's work in Vampire Bund, since he has now cast her as co-star in his new anime, to come out this fall: Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru.

There was a live event Saturday at the "TBS Anime Festa" put on by Tokyo Broadcasting System TV. In her blog, Aoi says she cosplayed as her character in the show -- a maid in a maid cafe. Pictures when I find them.

The show is based on a fairly crazy comedy manga. It will star Omigawa Chiaki (Maka in Soul Eater, the judo club president in Seitokai Yakuindomo) as a clumsy but straightforward and enthusiastic waitress in a quite odd maid cafe. Imagine a 16-year-old Yotsuba. Ao-chan is her co-worker, classmate, love rival, and bossy friend.

Here is Ao-chan's Saturday post:

This is really Yuuki today!
I appeared at the TBS Anime Festa \(^O^)/
I did maid cosplay at the Soremachi stage event ////

(giggle) - stuff like cosplay gets me a bit excited (*^^*ゞ
Ever since my high school festival, cosplay gives me a festival feeling!
Actually, it's the first time I've had my nails done for an event (^^)
Thank you very much to everyone who came out!
And to have people even call out my name made me so happy m(__)m
Everyone who couldn't make it out today,
please be sure to support Soremachi\(^O^)/
There are some really great gags in it \(^O^)/
I hope I can help everyone share some laughter\(^O^)/


That "giggle" is "ufufu" in the original Japanese.

Ao-chan is now slated to appear in three fall anime for sure, with the possibility of two more: Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru; Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls; The World God Only Knows; and possibly a new season of Yumeiro Patissiere, and the new Pokemon series.

Posters on 2channel call her "the next-generation star." There was a funny series of posts just now in her 2channel thread. One guy said she was the #1 seiyuu he'd want for a daughter. Then someone said she was the #1 seiyuu he'd want to impregnate. Then a third poster said she was the #1 seiyuu he'd like to make a Gundam model with.

2 comments:

Kanon said...

Imagine a 16-year-old Yotsuba

I love this show already. So Shaft really is doing this show after all, this seems right up their alley.

I'm pleased to learn I'll hear Ao-chan in three different shows next season. I kind of want to start watching Yumeiro Patissière just for her. This doesn't seeem like a bad show, either. Hmm.

2ch comments were pretty funny, especially the last one lol.

hashi said...

@Kanon -- All I can say is that I really enjoy Yumepati, even after 40+ episodes. There's no doubt it is for young girls, and meant to sell a line of baking toys, but it's just very well made and, for me, enjoyable.

There are plenty of 2channel comments that I wouldn't want to quote -- as well as comments telling those people to shut up -- but I thought that last comment was cute, too.