Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yuuki Aoi: Four Years of One Skirt

I always think it's a good indication of seiyuus' low status in the celebrity world when I see them wearing their own clothes at events, rather than being supplied with outfits.

The recent Gosick special is another example: Yuuki Aoi is wearing a skirt she has worn since at least November 2006. I'm not being critical. I love it when people are able to look good economically.

Anyway, here are the photos. First, at home in November, 2006 (age 14):


Next, in early 2010, with Saitou Chiwa at a Vampire Bund event (almost 18):


Finally, in Monday night's TV broadcast about Gosick (almost 19):

4 comments:

Furuba-tan said...

hm, I don't know if I should be happy that she's not decadent and just a normal human like any other and or if I should be disappointed that she is a seiyuu and therefore has a "low status" among celebs...

Furuba-tan said...

or better: I should be surprised that she's still able to wear it! she's almost 19 and can wear the same skirt she wore when she was 14! (^Д^) which girl can state that~

Anonymous said...

This only gets weird if she is still wearing this skirt at age 41.

hashi said...

@anonymous -- Weird...and wonderful, lol. Except that I personally don't really love the skirt.

@Furuba-tan -- I'll go for "normal human." Good thought. She certainly seems it, especially now that she is relaxed enough to be as amusingly sharp-tongued as she probably normally is with friends. No big head yet, I don't think.

As for being able to wear the same skirt at 19 as at 14, that may not be universal, but I don't think it's so uncommon. Maybe wanting to wear the same skirt might be uncommon, lol.