Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Spring Anime Weekly Calendar

A bit late, here is my weekly anime calendar for the next three months, showing both new shows and shows continuing from previous seasons. Click here or on the image to go to the full schedule:


I can also recommend some other schedules: Mahou Showtime, Random Curiosity, and Anime Calendar. Those may be a bit better just for knowing the schedule, since they are simpler than mine. I made mine for my own use, and it adds in basic cast and staff info, as well as links to Anime News Network pages, official sites, and Japanese Wikipedia pages.


I'm especially looking forward to A-Channel, starting this Thursday, and to C, starting next Thursday. A-Channel is an absurd comedy starring Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa in Lucky Star) and Yuuki Aoi, in a role that is perfect for her. C is a new Noitamina show made by the director of Mononoke and the writer of Durarara and Koi Kaze.

Episode 2 of Nichijou is up on Saturday, and the second eps of Hanasaku Iroha and Showa Monogatari appear on Sunday. Hanasaku Iroha is by far my favorite show of the season so far. Could be a classic. Showa Monogatari hasn't attracted a sub yet, but I enjoyed episode one quite a bit. Traditional comedy/drama.

I'm also looking forward to Astalotte no Omocha, a loli harem show which is hardly going to be a classic, but which comes from a sweet manga and was designed by interesting illustrator okama. Coming Sunday.

And Shinbou has two shows coming up, on successive Thursdays. The second season of Maria Holic starts this Thursday, and the promising comedy Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko starts the following Thursday.

One of the few shows that is continuing from last season is also one of my favorites: Gosick continues on Friday. Another perfect role for Yuuki Aoi.

1 comments:

魔法少女 said...

Thanks for the calendar, I was searching for something like this :D
Anyway, Hanasaku Iroha is the best Anime of the season so far in my opinion too :)