Monday, April 25, 2011

Yuuki Aoi -- Gosick Live Event Photos

Here are three photos from the Gosick live event last Saturday at Comic Toranoana in Akihabara. They feature Ao-chan and her co-star Eguchi Takuya.

I'm pleased to see Ao-chan wearing gloves, no doubt for the meetings with individual attendees that were part of the event.

She is also wearing a new summer dress designed by gothic lolita fashion house Innocent World. I was hoping it would resemble the violet dress worn by Victorica in recent episodes of the show, but it's pretty nice.

Eguchi-san is fairly good-looking himself, and is described by posters on 2channel as ikemen, a cool-looking guy.  I think the reason Ao-chan hardly ever goes bare-armed is that they reveal her apparent tendency to plumpness. Doesn't matter to her fans, however: one guy posted on 2channel that these photos made her look so cute that his chest hurt.

The towel says: "I'll never talk to you again. We're through!" a quote from Victorica in episode 6.



7 comments:

Yoshii-kun said...

Plumpness is a sign of good fortune in asian culture! (not too plump/fat tho lol)

cowboybibimbop said...

@ Yoshii-kun: Hahah, it's so true. And yes, these photos made my chest hurt a bit, too ww

Matteas said...

Plump or not, she's adorable ^^ Though, I think that little bit of chubbiness is what makes her so adorable. She has those lovely round cheeks.

perceefinesse said...

She could be 300 pounds and still look good.

The way I see it, not every seiyuu or seiyuu idol has to be trim and fit to be appealing. After all, the essence of seiyuu work is voice and vocal presence... looks are just a bonus.

caitlyn said...

Plump!?! She looks skinny to me... But I live in America so my baseline sample might be a little skewed

hashi said...

@caitlyn -- Yes, lol, your baseline is skewed. But that aside, I didn't mean she is particularly plump now, just that I think I can see that tendency -- especially since I have seen pics of her over the past ten years. Nor was it any kind of criticism. It just connects with my observation that she usually seems to be more covered up than some other seiyuu. I've always liked that, actually. In any case, the camera often does lie.

Matteas said...

@hashi: Another reason might be that she likes gothic lolita style and that involves a lot of layers of clothes. But covering up might as well be one of the reasons too. Kanatan is an example of covering up her chubbiness.