Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yuuki Aoi -- Recent Images

There has been a little rush of new images of Yuuki Aoi over the past few days (click to enlarge):

Fans on 2channel are excited at the slight "cleavage" she shows here. I haven't
seen anyone mention the zettai ryouiki in the next photo, though:



Ao-chan says she is really bad at English. Soon at college they will be doing video-conferencing
in English with Korean students and she just hates the thought of how awkward she will look.

With Touyama Nao in the studio doing the radio show for
the summer anime "Ikoku Meiro no Croisee."

This month's letter in the magazine feature "Aoi's ABC's" is yo as in yousei (fairy).


This is a Gosick cast photo, taken after recording the final episode last week. I'm not sure why Ao-chan seems so full of life here. Is it the male presence of co-star Eguchi Takuya looming over her? Is it the presence of her hero, Sawashiro Miyuki, sitting next to her ? Is it the fact that she feels well-dressed? Is it the feeling of relief that a job is finished?

Or is it just the natural Oi-chan ebullience that we are coming to know through her radio shows? ("Oi-chan" is her nickname on her radio show with Hayami Saori, every Thursday night at half-past midnight.)

By the way, one poster in Ao-chan's 2channel thread says that Miyukichi looks like "a blue wolf" in this photo.

Photo back row, left to right: Ohkawa Tohru (Brian Roscoe), Eguchi Takuya (Kujou), Kiuchi Hidenobu (Greville).
Front row: Sawashiro Miyuki (Cordelia), Yuuki Aoi (Victorica), Shitaya Noriko (Avril).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fans on 2channel are excited at the slight "cleavage"
Oh which posts in the thread mention this?
http://yuzuru.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/voiceactor/1306428471/l50

perceefinesse said...

Aw... she looks so precious. :-D

And I'd probably be ecstatic too if I were sitting next to Sawashiro Miyuki... she's arguably one of the best seiyuus ever to speak into a microphone.

I'd probably get the same feeling if I were sitting with someone like Mizuki Nana, Shiina Hekiru, Kool Moe Dee, or Janet Waldo... they are definitely people I admire, for different reasons.

hashi said...

@anonymous -- 647 and 723 mention "cleavage" (谷間), and others mention breasts.

Anonymous said...

@hashi
Where is post 647 and 723?I don't see them anywhere.

Anonymous said...

@anon: there are numbers on the left side...

hashi said...

@anonymous1 -- That URL you included had the "l50" on the right that limited it to the most recent 50 posts. Go to the top of the page and look for where it says to click to show all posts in the thread.

Anonymous said...

@hashi
Oh I see.I just reread this.Don't know how to feel about it.
http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2008/09/seiyuu-romance-do-nana-chan-and-hana.html

hashi said...

@anonymous -- I was recently trying to find out if there was any more info about any of those supposed couples, but I couldn't. Basically, I'm happy if they're happy. But I really do take anything like this with a huge grain of salt.

Anonymous said...

@hashi
Why would you want to dig out old information about them?
"Basically, I'm happy if they're happy."
I am not sure I feel this way.
"But I really do take anything like this with a huge grain of salt"
What do you mean?

Anonymous said...

Some people pointed me to your blog (which is a great site!) and when I saw the Gosick photo I immediately noticed I have seen Aoi's dress before. The latest Newtype mag has this http://i56.tinypic.com/2057gaa.png which is a manga about the last recording session of Madoka. It seems that Aoi was wearing the same dress for dubbing for Madoka as well !!

hashi said...

@anonymous 1 -- I want to dig out new information. To take something "with a grain of salt" means not to take it seriously, not to believe it easily.

@anonymous2 -- Wow. Nice catch on the outfit. Not so simple to realize the drawing was the same as the photo.

Anonymous said...

yeah gosick is a collection indeed.. unique story line ... and very good characters.. thanks to the seiyuus hehehe a job well done!!!