Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Denpa Onna OP live: Oogame Asuka and Shinsei Kamatte-chan

A much better video of the live performance of the Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko OP, Os Uchuujin, has turned up on YouTube.

Features Oogame Asuka (Erio) and the wild and wooly alternative rock band Shinsei Kamatte-chan, at the Shaft Matsuri earlier this year. Not for everyone:



Kame-chan seems out of place among the freaks, lol. Especially Noko, with his weird voice and penchant for writhing on the ground with his guitar.

The first comment on YouTube is: "Isn't Noko great?" Another says: "Out come the fans." Another: "The keyboard's so simple." Another: "I really love the keyboard." Another: "Terrible singing."

More of Shinsei Kamatte-chan here. And this is a good PV showing what they're like:



And for Noko in full, mad, manic flight, try this:

6 comments:

Matteas said...

I got to hear them at Anisama. Kame-chan's singing wasn't really good, but it improved in the second song. Regarding the rest, let's say I'd prefer Erio w/o Kamatte-chan XD

hashi said...

@Matteas -- Anisama. Ii naa.... But as for music, I prefer Kamatte-chan without Erio, myself, lol.

myswordisunbelievablydull said...

SO GOOD, you know their new album came out at the same time as this post! I can't wait to have a means of listening to it! GOD I LOVE THIS BAND, ERIO OR NO ERIO!

Anonymous said...

@hashi @Matteas
As for me, I prefer them both. It'd be interesting to see more songs like this (mix of cuteness and crazyness).

hashi said...

I just noticed that Shinsei Kamatte-chan's new album, To the 32nd of August, which came out on August 31, was #9 in the Oricon charts for its first week, selling over 10,000 copies. I didn't realize they were that popular. Some audio samples at the link.

@anonymous -- Cute + crazy sounds good.

Vexx said...

Haven't commented here in a while, quite an interesting video. I enjoyed it, Noko and all.