Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kana in Switzerland -- Hanazawa Kana Photobook

A book of photos of Hanazawa Kana will come out on 14 December in Japan.

The photoshoot was in Switzerland. Kana-chan talks about it in a radio show reported on here by Ambi: "I went to Switzerland! Yayy!!! It was a really nice place. It’s kinda rare for me to go overseas especially on a trip where the plane ride was so long. Including the return trip it was about fourteen hours!"

Here are some pages from the book, which has not yet been posted for sale on amazon.co.jp or cdjapan:





Japanese comments are predictably enthusiastic. "Kana-chan is really an angel!" "She's like Heidi Girl of the Alps."

6 comments:

Andrew said...

The hills are quite full of the sound of Kana...

Did Kana also appear at a convention there, or did her manager just decide, "Hey, a photobook in the Alps would probably sell pretty well."

And is the flight from Japan to Switzerland only seven hours one-way? I thought it would be at least 12 or so.

Anonymous said...

Uh, what is going on with Kana-chan’s arm in the 2nd picture? Is she double jointed?

hashi said...

@Andrew -- I haven't heard about a convention. Probably the publisher decided where to have the shoot. I checked Travelocity, and 14 hours seems the shortest. But there are no nonstops from Tokyo to Zurich, so maybe she means the longest leg of her trip. Not sure.

@Anonymous -- I didn't notice that. I guess she is double-jointed. Or at least has a wide range of motion in her elbow.

Furuba-tan said...

in switzerland doesn't exist a convention which could have a guest like hanazawa kana, so hashi's guess should be right.

there are nonstops from tokyo to zurich, just depends on the airline. a nonstop flight takes about 12h.

and i also didn't notice her double joint, didn't know this even exists. *¬*

Anonymous said...

I don't think she's double jointed guys. I mean, I can do the same thing too, just a little painful.

hashi said...

@Furuba-tan -- Thanks for the local knowledge. I just cursorily checked Travelocity for a few flights.

@anonymous -- I think people use the phrase "double-jointed" in two ways: one, truly able to bend a joint backward (not sure if that's really possible); two, just able to bend further back than most people. Kana-chan seems to me to fall into the latter category, if anything.