Sunday, April 01, 2012

Madoka Magica event video: Yuuki Aoi, Chiwa, KitaEri, Nonaka, Mizuhashi, Emirin

Madoka Magica seiyuu talk event held this morning at the Anime Contents Expo trade show. Streamed live on NicoNico Douga.

(l-r) Nonaka Ai (Kyouko), Kitamura Eri (Sayaka), Yuuki Aoi (Madoka), Saitou Chiwa (Homura), Mizuhashi Kaori (Mami), Katou Emiri (Kyuubei).




Commenters on NicoNico and 2channel were impressed by all the seiyuus' ability to suddenly shift to speaking in the voice of their character. They find Yuuki Aoi exceedingly "high-tension" but cute. "The whole cast turns out to be pretty women; what a surprise.... Nonaka Ai may be the cutest of all.... Katou Emiri is great...."

Note Katou Emiri's even teeth -- the good result of a couple of years of orthodontia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nonaka Ai is indeed the cutest. ^^

I haven't seen much of Yuuki Aoi live before, but I thought she was very high tension as well. I hope she tones it down a bit as she gains more experience...

hashi said...

@anonymous -- Ao-chan is extremely "high tension." That's the real her, I think. I don't expect it to change soon. I think she's been told she can be natural, and this kind of muscling in and drowning everybody out is probably what she does with her own friends.

Maybe I imagined it, but I thought Chiwa calmed her down after a while so she wouldn't just talk over everybody. It's the price we have to pay for all that creativity, is how I see it. So far.

Japanese commenters point out that she does talk like an otaku. Sometimes she seems like some ten-year-old boy, bouncing around engrossed in Pokemon and shooter games. In fact, she is entering third year in one of the most prestigious universities in Japan....

Nonaka Ai? The cutesiest, for sure. The little-girl act kind of put me off, much as I like her as a seiyuu (Irina!).

Moo said...

I lol'd at KitaEri's, ひどいじゃないか、友達を捨てるなんて, Just love these kind of events.