Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Can you identify these seiyuu voices?

These are from the Flying Dog record label's advertising campaign featuring their logo and the voices of various seiyuu who record for them.

First, Flying Dog put out a video without the names, featuring the dog barking and panting in the voice of each seiyuu. Then they put out the same video, but with each seiyuu saying their name after their turn. Here are both videos, with the names listed at the end of the post.

Here is the first video, with seiyuus unidentified:



Here is the second video, with each seiyuu saying their name. For example: "Seikai wa, Sakamoto Maaya deshita." ("The right answer was Sakamoto Maaya.")




And here are the names, in order (white text, select to reveal): Fukuyama Jun, Endou Aya, Konishi Katsuyuki, Inoue Kikuko (she says: "Inoue Kikuko, 17 years old..."), Ishida Akira, Yuuki Aoi, Nakamura Yuuichi, Nanri Yuuka, Shimono Hiro, Nomizu Iori, Sugita Tomokazu (he says: "Sugita Tomokazu, gomen nasai" -- "Sugita Tomokazu. I'm sorry"), Saitou Chiwa, Wakamoto Norio (hard to miss), Sakamoto Maaya, Yoshino Hiroyuki, Nakajima Megumi, May'n (one of the best ones was not even a seiyuu).

Flying Dog is JVC's anime music label. How many of the voices did I get? Too few.

10 comments:

omo said...

I didn't get very many either, but it is much easier if you first prepare a list of names that signed with Flying Dog and guess from that.

animekritik said...

I got only no. 1 right...
Great concept though :)

Anonymous said...

This is the official list?

Matteas said...

I got 9 right.
"正解は井上喜久子17歳おいおいでした" lol

hashi said...

@anonymous -- I made the list myself, from the second video. You can hear them say their names.

@Matteas -- Lol for sure. I liked Sugita's weird apology, too. Ao-chan was good, but what struck me most was that to me she sounded especially delighted to be included. Flying Dog has a nice line-up. Endou Aya is one of my favorites, too.

Andrew said...

I thought Tomokazu Sugita was Hiroshi Kamiya at first (possibly because I've been watching a lot of SZS lately).

Toiski said...

Hah, I didn't really get any names, but I got characters. Like "Hey, that's the emperor from Lelouch! The large ham!" And I got Kyon and Belldandy.

Yuuko - Chan said...

i didn't caught Akira's voice on the first lol.

hashi said...

@anonymous -- As for "official list," I should have added that they show each seiyuu's name with their voice in the second video. So it is an "official" list.

monochrome_girl said...

i only got katsuyuki konishi and nakamura yuuichi right. damn, i can't believe i miss sugita tomokazu, fukujun, and hiro shimono. i've listened their voice like... ever!